Tuesday, March 18, 2014

Maintaining

Hello there! Back from the dead - or at least the non-blogging world. But I have a REALLY good excuse! I got married last weekend! Wahoo!! Most amazing, happy, stressful time of my life! And let me tell you, concentrating on what I was eating and doing exercise was not at the top of my to do lists on any day. You know the LGN diet? Yeah... Didn't have time. The good news is, I have learned some things, and I have a long way to go before I can get back to where I was. Good thing y'all will be here for that journey, and to help keep me on track. (Hopefully someone, somewhere, is reading this and will help me feel accountable.....)
Things I have learned about myself:

  • If I don't have a goal, nothing will get done. 
  • I have to make it a priority to eat right and exercise
  • I stress eat. A lot. 
  • I feel crappy when I don't eat healthy. Crappy being exhausted, tired, crabby, etc. 
  • Once you fall off the bandwagon, it's hard to jump back on. (see an earlier post from Crystal here.)
  • I love being married, and I want to be healthier and happier for my new husband!
I don't think anything I learned is something that is quite new, just reminders about who I am, and how I want to do things. So, here are my goals:
  • Start eating healthy again.
  • Start exercising regularly again.
  • Find positive self affirmations that will help me feel better about myself.
Not-health-related-goals:
  • Find something nice to do for my husband everyday
  • Never speak badly about anyone - including those I love the most. 
So, there we go. I started a new life, and now I have new goals. Here's to achieving them! 

1 comment:

  1. Yay for marriage! It is pretty awesome, and beware of the feeling of being a little too comfortable. It's a trap! ;) But really, you got this! It is so not easy at all, and I keep having to re-commit myself every few weeks when I start slacking off again... but it's part of the journey!

    ReplyDelete