Friday, October 18, 2013

16 Things I've Learned

Ok, so I have talked about Katie Humphrey in every blog I have written so far. She has a video series on youtube called "90 Days to Freedom" that I have been listening to and the information and support and advice she gives is so inspiring to me. I watched all 90 videos within just 3 weeks, and I plan on listening to them over again because I want to get that information down!

So, I just wanted to briefly share some things I have learned through her videos.

1. Don't play the victim. It won't get you anywhere, and you'll wind up with a negative mindset.
2. Don't blame others or even yourself for having PCOS.
3. Don't limit yourself on what you want because of what other people say (or what you say to yourself!).
4. Be patient. The best changes that can transform your life happen slowly.
5. Exercise and do active things you enjoy. It doesn't mean you have to hit the gym hours a day!
6. There are natural supplements you can take to help your body function properly.
7. Don't make all the changes all at once. Small things will add up!
8. Focus on what you want rather than what you don't want or "can't have" because what you think about most is what you will get. (This applies to diet and everything else in your life)
9. When you mess up, forgive yourself and move on.
10. Eat foods in their most natural state.
11. Be very specific about what you want and visualize yourself already having it.
12. Do your research and do what you feel is best for YOU.
13. Be grateful for your body and the fact it has carried you through so many years and treat it kindly.
14. Find and give thanks for every good thing in your life.
15. Listen to your body, it knows what it needs.
16. Never give up no matter how discouraged or disheartened you feel. If something is telling you to keep going, there is a reason and you WILL make it.

I know some of these things seem like they have nothing to do with PCOS but I think they have everything to do with it. Our body is in one piece, and everything works together for your good. So that means your health effects your emotions and your emotions effect your spirituality and your spirituality effects your confidence and so on and so forth. 
It is one thing to learn and listen to all of these things but in order for things to happen, I have to implement them into my life. I am so glad I found her videos and I strongly recommend you watch them, just to hear her experiences and knowledge if nothing else. 
Here is a link to her video series on YouTube:
http://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL737AFB4D92BED3D9

No comments:

Post a Comment